Thursday, January 8, 2009

Thursday, January 8, 2009- Joe DiPietro


I'm sure this theme has been done before, taking common phrases containing -ing words and re-cluing them so that they work without the -ing.  All the theme answers had words that started with S, to add to the fun.  So it was a fun puzzle to do, especially since I did it in the middle of the night, struck once again with my "Vegas insomnia".  There were some other fun fills such as MINT FAMILY, DUBOSE, DEVILLE (not clued with Cruella), PSYCHE and BARED IT ALL.  You'd think that with all that material I could wind it all into some sort of rant but I'm just not up to the task.

Darn it, TV Land watcher that I am, I knew who Miss Crump was but just couldn't picture her student.  OPIE got filled in through crosses before I realized that he was the answer.

Two clues, interestingly enough in symmetric position, almost ruined it for me.  SET AT was not great, SLOWISH was meh but EASTS? give me a break!

No comments: